Monday 13 August 2012

Red Prime: Swanky Steakhouse

For our anniversary this year, my husband and I decided to forgo our usual choice of The Mantel (due to an exceptionally rude hostess),  and instead decided on Red Prime Steak House in Oklahoma City.

Red Prime is located in downtown Oklahoma City on North Broadway Avenue. It has a swank, Miami Beach feel, courtesy of the red neon lights hanging everywhere inside (It could be considered a bit tacky, but it grew on me after a bit). Reservations are a must, and I highly recommend saving this restaurant for a special occasion, as their prices are a bit high. 

The service was decent, but left something to be desired. The servers did a good job, but were not as friendly and over-the-top as you would expect given the price tag. 

The food, on the other hand, was out-of-this world, slap-your-mama FANTASTIC. They have a great “fixed-price” menu for one that allows you to get your individual appetizer, main course, side item, and individual dessert for $39. Ordering these items individually would probably cost more like $50-$80 for one. I started with the French onion soup, which was so delicious that I had to try really hard to not lick the bowl clean. My husband ordered the shrimp cocktail, and was a bit disappointed in the portion size (it came with only 4 large shrimp). This was followed by the main course- a 7 oz filet. Here is the kicker: They let you choose from an array of “crusts” and “sauces,” for your steak, thereby making a wonderful collection of combinations. I went with a brown sugar and sea salt crust (what they use to “blacken” the steak with), and a brandy and mushroom sauce. I have never tasted a steak like it. It absolutely melted in my mouth (if that is even possible). Delicious! I paired my steak with slivered asparagus topped with Italian cheese, and finished this scrumptious meal with a warm fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce on the side. Mmmmm. 

My Recommendation:

Go for a special occasion and you will not be disappointed. I am not sure what their other menu items are like (they offer some seafood and chicken options), but the steak is a safe bet. Make sure you make a reservation if possible, and be sure to tell them if it is a special occasion. Dress a little nicer, as this is not Western Sizzlin.

Overall Rating: 9
PAVIJUAN.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment