Monday 13 August 2012

Consistently Impressive: Ted’s Café Escondido



My family recently visited Ted’s Café Escondido for mother’s day, and as usual, it was a portrait of good service. For those of you who don’t know, Ted’s is a casual Tex-Mex restaurant with several locations around OKC and Tulsa. I always enjoy visiting Ted’s…in fact, you could say it is one my favorites. I have visited the Norman, Edmond, and Broken Arrow locations, but this was my first trip to the location on May & NW 68th in Oklahoma City. 

The May location is quite a bit smaller than the other locations, but was incredibly noisy inside. In addition, presumably to make up for their lack of space, they have squeezed tables into every last inch of the restaurant, so that there is limited space to scoot your chair back. The noise and space issues are the only negative comments I can say about Ted’s, which seem to be confined to the May location, as the other locations I have visited have a much better ambiance. The service at Ted’s is impeccable and unparalleled. Warning: I have never been to Ted’s and not had to wait at least 20 minutes for a table, however, I have never been sorry I waited.  You will never have to wait on your waiter/waitress to refill your drink at Ted’s. As soon as you are sat at your table, you will be immediately greeted by someone who will fill your table with delicious salsa, chips, and queso. Your server will not be far behind to take drink orders, specialty salsa and condiment orders, and bring fresh house-made tortillas. The food at Ted’s Café is always top-notch and timely. Their menu is expansive, but I usually share a Special Mexican Dinner with my husband, which ends up being more than enough food for two. Dinner is always followed by complimentary sopapillas.

My Recommendation: If Tex-Mex is your bag, then Ted’s Café is a must! They have lite portions available on nearly all meals on their menu, and prices range from $6-$15 per plate (although most of the higher priced plates will feed two people). They have several locations, so there is probably one near you. Go hungry, but plan to wait 20-45 minutes for a table (It’s worth it).

PAVIJUAN.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment